Lodging a complaint:
If the issue involves theft, fraud, or corruption:
- You may report issues of this nature to the IMU - If you feel that you cannot do this for any reason, then:
- Report the issue via the NPA Service Delivery Hotline at 0800 212 580. This Service Delivery Hotline operates 24 hours and 365 days a year. All calls remain anonymous, and confidentiality is also guaranteed.
- Who was involved in the alleged wrongdoing;
- How the individual or firm committed the act; and
- Why you believe the activity to be improper.
All personnel are required to deal with reports of unethical conduct with strict confidentiality.
Honesty and truthfulness should be exercised when reporting any incidence of ethical lapse.
Any malicious reporting will result in disciplinary action being instituted against the perpetrator. Anonymity means that you must not reveal your identity when reporting unethical or illegal conduct. The person who is reporting anonymously is responsible for protecting his or her anonymity.
Reporting of unethical conduct not related to theft, fraud, or corruption confidentially or anonymously in terms of the Whistle Blowing Policy.
Every NPA employee is obliged to report on acts of fraud, corruption, theft, and maladministration. Failure to do so is a chargeable offense. Important points:
- You may report incidences of ethical lapses either confidentially or anonymously.
- When reporting, clearly state:
- Which alleged wrongdoing are you reporting;
- Where and when (dates and times, if available) the alleged wrongdoing took place
You should report observed conduct that is inconsistent with the letter and spirit of the NPA Code of Ethics by following the suggested processes. If the issue involves conduct that is contrary to our values, principles, and rules, and if it is not related to theft, fraud, or corruption:
- Report the issue confidentially to your line manager.
- Report the issue confidentially to another manager.
- Report the issue via the NPA Service Delivery Hotline at 0800 212 580. This Service Delivery Hotline operates 24 hours and 365 days a year. All calls remain anonymous, and confidentiality is guaranteed. Important points:
- You are encouraged, but not obliged, to report confidentially rather than anonymously, to enable the NPA to deal with your report in the best possible way.
- Please note that it may be much more difficult to act successfully on anonymously reported cases.
- You may refer to the Protected Disclosures Act, Act 26 of 20001 for more information on responsible and safe reporting of unethical conduct.
- All personnel are required to deal with reports of unethical conduct with strict confidentiality.